The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, November 6, 2006

From the Ted Haggard Debacle

I don't want to talk about Ted Haggard. We all know the story, blah, blah, blah. All I will say is that my prayers go to his family and to those who trusted and believed in this man, while I may not agree with them, no one deserves to be betrayed this way.

What caught my attention this morning while reading The New York Times article "Disgraced Minister’s Church Wrestles With His Absence" was the following comment by a pastor from another congregation while discussing how this may or may not affect tomorrow's elections: (bolding mine)

“God does things when he thinks they’re appropriate,” said Larry Stockstill, the pastor of the Bethany World Prayer Center in Louisiana, from which the New Life Church began in 1985 as an outreach mission.“What’s going to happen in the nation?” Mr. Stockstill said. “You know what — I don’t think that’s your concern or mine..."

I'm sorry, what???

Did he say that what is going to happen in this nation is not our concern? Do you all realize that when this man speaks people actually listen to him and follow him? He goes on to say:


"...He chose this incredibly important time for this sin to be revealed and I actually think it’s a good thing — I believe America needs a shaking,
spiritually.”

Well I believe this Stockstill dude needs a shaking, physically.

Stuff like this, my friends, is what makes the mind wobble.





2 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

This reminds me of the bumper sticker that says "I love God - it's His fan club that I can't stand".

4:50 PM  
Blogger Rob Robinson said...

Hilda, I'm with you about the physical shaking. I liked what you said about having sympathy for the people that Rev. Haggard has hurt, even though you may not agree with them. I think that kind of compassion and mercy are very much missing in our country these days.

Dixie, that's a great bumper sticker! My favorite one lately has been: "Jesus loves you, even if you voted for Bush."

I believe we're all equally worthy of God's love, regardless of how we vote or do anything else, and even though this sticker is poking fun at one side of the political spectrum, I think that's its real point.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home