The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

American Idol Recap - Week 7



Songs That Inspire/Idol Gives Back

So, does it make me a bad person if I wasn't really inspired by most of the songs that were supposed to inspire?

Here we go...

Chris: "Change the World" - Either the judges were moved by the charitable vibe in the theater or we were listening to a different singer! I love this Eric Clapton song, and Cris bored me with it. I found his voice weak and uneven. As Randy would say, I just wasn't feeling it - Dawg.

Melinda: "There Will Come a Day" - I had never heard the song and didn't particularly like it. Of course Melinda sang it well and her voice was strong as usual, we had a little bit of a gospel revival moment there, but she didn't sell it to me.

Blake: "Imagine" - OK - as Simon said this is one of the greatest songs of, well, ever. I think this is the first time I've heard that song and *not* gotten verklempt - and most of you know I'm a big cry baby. But Blake just sat there, I was completely nonplussed. But then again, I never really drank the Blake Kool-Aid...

LaKisha: "I Believe" - I had never heard the song and was never Fantasia fan, but I liked how LaKisha sang it. I thought she looked good and she sang and performed well. It was a good song for her and she showed emotion - I was moved.

Phil: "The Change" - Again, I never heard the song, but I thought he sang it beautifully and with emotion. I still love Phil's voice and I thought he did a great job.

Jordin: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - IMO, this was THE performance of the night. She made me cry, she sang it perfectly - softly in the soft parts and soaring in the high parts! She looked lovely and performed it beautifully. I think Jordin is going to win this thing.

Big News!!! Since this was for charity I actually voted for the first time ever! I voted for Jordin several times. It won't happen again.

My Bottom Three: Chris, Blake and Melinda (yes Melinda!)

Who I would send home: Chris

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I was voting for Jordin and then realized I was accidently voting for Phil...so I had to vote for Jordin a bunch more times.

I hope I made up for it! ha ha

I thought Chris and Blake for the bottom two...I couldn't decide on the other person. Blake sang Imagine like someone who was sight-reading music he had never seen before...wasn't feeling it. And I've never been a big Chris fan, he's nice enough and all but a little too "boy band" for me. And nasally, but I guess that's his strategy, ha ha.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'd be thrilled if Chris went home. I work on Tuesday nights so I never get to see the performances until they end up on youtube and they aren't there yet. But if Blake was so boring that you didn't cry during Imagine -- I don't know -- maybe he should go home.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they'd sent someone home, I would have personally packed Phil's bag. He bores me to death.

Lakisha needs to stay away from songs by previous American Idol winners. It's just bad form. She can do so much better.

I was surprised Melinda picked that boring, bland Faith Hill song.

Jordin was awesome. She never ceases to amaze me.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home