The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Musings from the Big Easy

Tuesday's Highlights

The weather remains fabulous...
  • 4 raw oysters (hubby had the other two - until today he was a raw oyster virgin!) and a soft-shell crab po' boy at Acme Oyster House
  • An Absinthe Drip at the Old Absinthe House
  • A long walk to the Vatican Mosaic collection on exhibit at the Old Ursuline Convent
  • Stopped in at St. Louis Church and enjoyed the cool, calm quiet. They had a recording of Gregorian chants - which happen to be one of my favorite types of music - playing. And the church is beaitiful!
  • Some shopping at the souvenir shops
  • Yet another Pimms Cup at Napoleon House
  • Sharing a whole muffuletta from Central Grocery with hubby - delicious!
  • Trying yet another type of Woodchuck Hard Cider
  • A miracle - at a fabulous used bookstore I came across by accident, I found a book I've been looking for forever, but I couldn't remember the name. It's called "Food Book" and it's just a history of food, food traditions, etc. My dad had it when I was growing up and I loved it, but had lost it somewhere along the line. When I walked into this bookstore I was just browsing and saw a huge collection of food-related books, most of them cook books of course, but I got a feeling I was going to find this book there. So I started looking at any book that sounded like the one I was looking for. When I saw this book, it was missing it's cover which I remember vividly. I didn't want to fool myself into believing this was the book, so I thought about what I remembered - some illustrations and a chapter on figs. When I opened the book - it was *the* book! I was so happy! I now own the book again.
  • Another evening at the Blues Club - different band, same good vibe
  • Two hurricanes and a late night Lucky Dog

It's all good...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

Congrats on the book! I can't wait to see it! and give Dave a congratulatory pat on the back for me. My guy would NEVER try a raw oyster!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Mmmm...absinthe.

How cool is it that you found that book?! It sounds like a fun, interesting read.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home