The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, April 13, 2007

The Lola Shuffle - The "New Orleans" Edition

[As you may know, I'm leaving to New Orleans tomorrow and I'll be there for a week. So next Friday there may or may not be a Lola shuffle...]

Won't you come along with me, To the Mississippi,We'll take a boat to the land of dreams, steam down the river to New Orleans.
"Basin Street Blues"
OK, let's go...
  1. "Hips Don't Lie" - Shakira and Wyclef Jean
  2. "Ain't No Way to Treat a Lady" - Helen Reddy (Dixie - don't judge me!)
  3. "The River" - Garth Brooks (Appropriate!)
  4. "Mexico" - James Taylor
  5. "Watching the River Flow" - Bob Dylan (Another river song!)
  6. "This Side" - Nickel Creek
  7. "Sk8er Boi" - Avril Lavigne (OK, the spelling gives me a headache, but it's a cute song)
  8. "Put Your RecordsOn" - Corinne Bailey Rae
  9. "All of Me" - Billie Holiday
  10. "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" - Panic! At the Disco (I love that their name contains an exclamation point - plus it's a cool song.)

Oh well, no zydeco. I've got some in there but I guess Lola is saving her zydeconess for tomorrow...:)

Have a great weekend. I may check in during the week, we're taking the laptop.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

More Helen Reddy. Hilda, do I need to perform an exorcism on Lola? ;) Eh, never mind. Billie Holiday probably did it for me.

Hope you have a fantastic time in New Orleans! Eat lots of good stuff I miss!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home