The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

American Idol Recap - Week 4



I just want to say that I think Tony Bennett totally rocks the free world and parts of China!

We heard American Standards this week. This is probably my favorite American Idol theme not only because I love that music, but I also think it's a generous genre for singers as there are many "easy" songs. And I have to say almost everyone did what I think is their possible best.

So, as Pink instructs: let's get this party started...

Blake - "Mack the Knife" - Great song; this is the first time I didn't dislike him; actually I liked the performance but still don't think he has much of a voice; thankfully he didn't try to beat box his way through it.

Phil - "Night and Day" - Another great song; personally I liked it - I really like his voice; I worry about him though, I don't think the general public *gets* him and he still looks ill. Again - he needs a spray tan and a corn dog or two. Really.

Melinda - "I've Got Rhythm" - Well, well, well...just as I was getting bored with Melinda and complacent about her talent, tonight she was awesome. It's still too safe a choice for her, but she sang the hell out of it. And she looked good too.

Chris R. - "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" - I love this song and he *still* bored me. He was better than usual, but I still don't care.

Jordin - "On a Clear Day" - This is the one song of the night I don't really like, but Jordin sang it beautifully, if a bit dully. Not only did she sound great, she looked great. She's still my favorite.

Gina - "Smile" - I was really worried about Gina and this genre and she totally pulled it off. It's a beautiful song, she sang it beautifully and she looked beautiful. Tonight, for me, she was better than Jordin.

Sanjaya - "Cheek to Cheek" - What can I say? A classic song and he couldn't find a note. I will say he looked cute, he was charming and he was entertaining. But still - he can't sing to save his life.

Haley - "Ain't Misbehavin'" - Yeah, well, you ain't singing well either. Let's see...short skirt - check; no bra - check; low cut halter - check; gratuitous (albeit still lame) shimmy - check; looking all cute - check; a strong viable singing voice - BZZZZT, I'm sorry, not so much.

LaKisha - "Stormy Weather" - Again WOW! I know I said this was a generous genre, but this is a tough song and she totally nailed it. Her dress was fabulous and she owned the stage. IMO, this was the performance of the night.


Bottom Two: Since the US has apparently lost its collective mind and want to keep Sanjaya, I think the bottom two will be: Chris R. and Haley.

Going Home: Haley

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

My bottom three is close - Haley, Phil and God willing, Sanjaya.

I never like I Got Rhythm, but Melinda, for me, was the star last night. I voted for her about 10 minutes straight after that song (we tivo).

I think Haley's worked her Disney Princess charm about as far as she can.

I did kind of dig Randy's skull shirt last night though!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I really hope Haley goes home since I absolutely know Sanjaya won't even be in the bottom.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home