The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Rest in Peace my Friend


Monday I found out that Nancy, a high school classmate of mine, with whom I was quite close was killed in a car accident this past Sunday. Apparently she was hit by a drunk driver two blocks away from her home with two of her multiple children in the car. One of the children was banged up, but both will be OK.

After graduation we lost touch and I only saw her once, maybe 5 or 6 years after we graduated. She was as nice and funny as always and we promised to stay in touch, but never did. I was hoping she would be at our recent 25th class reunion, but somehow knew she wouldn't be there. And now she's gone.

I found out today that through the years she adopted and/or fostered several HIV-positive children, the oldest being around 20 years old. She lived with her long-time partner, her children and her mother.

I am a firm believer that people who adopt children are incredibly selfless and loving, but those that knowingly adopt children with illnesses or afflictions - well, I think they're angels.

We lost an angel this weekend...she left us too soon, with too much to do yet. And she left before I made the effort to reconnect with her. That's my loss.

Bye Nancy...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I'm sorry about your friend. I hate losing touch with people like that. I found out that a close friend in college died a few years ago when I looked him up on Google. I thought maybe I had his email wrong because I hadn't heard back from him.

6:24 PM  
Blogger sari said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Nancy.

I'm sending prayers of peace for her family.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home