The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Musings from the Big Easy

Thursday's Highlights

  • I spent all day with my husband, all over the Quarter
  • Barbecue Brisket and pulled pork with turnip greens for lunch
  • Beignets and Cafe au Lait at Cafe Dumond - the first time hubby tried them
  • Walk along the Mississippi with hubby - I even went down a pier thingy and *touched* the Mississippi!
  • A stranger giving me a gabillion beads
  • Mint Julep at Pat O'Brian's
  • I had always wanted to get a caricature done, so today hubby and I had one done at Jackson Square across from St. Louis church - we look so cute!
  • Another Absinthe Drip - YUMMY!
  • A visit to Faulkner House book store - located in the same space that served as Faulkner's home in 1925 while he wrote his first novel "Soldier's Pay". I bought another book of essays about New Orleans - this time written after Katrina
  • Quiet dinner at the hotel bar and a set of blues at "our place" Blues Club
  • A group of about 5 or 6 Marines walking along Bourbon in full dress uniform - they looked so handsome, and made me feel so proud - and relieved - better here than there!

We leave Saturday morning so tomorrow's our last day here...we don't want to go home!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I'm so glad you're having such a good time!!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying New Orleans -- it's one of my favorite cities.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I love that you've shared your vacation with us. It's nearly as good as being there.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home