The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, April 20, 2007

Musings from the Big Easy

The Final Edition - Friday's Highlights

  • Wild alligator soup and Pork Porterhouse for lunch at Bourbon House - right at the corner of our hotel - FABULOUS!
  • Walking around getting last minute souvenirs
  • Praline Brittle from Leah's Pralines - the pralines are good too!
  • Going to Blues Club for the last time before we leave and being recognized by most of the management and musicians - the owner even gave us a free round of drinks!
  • Finishing off the night at the hotel bar and getting a hug from Chuck the bartender when we left - and a damned good seafood nachos platter and chocolate martini

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

You know you've had a successful vacation when folks start to recognize you and are even sorry you're having to go back home.

This whole vacation week has been delicious to read!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

OHHHHHHH I love NOLA!

I'm going Labor Day to speak at a writer's conference. I'll have a new release so I CAN'T WAIT...

12:52 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Hilda!!! This is Barefoot from that place you no longer frequent. I have so missed our political discussions but I'm so glad I found your blog. (Thanks, Dix!)

I wish I'd have known you guys were in NOLA as I'm only an hour away and would have loved to meet you. Glad you had a great time.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

YAY Barefoot!

Hello! It's like old home week! Texaswango contacted me through the blog too!

I'm adding you to my blogroll - I like your blog!

:)

3:38 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

I'll be putting you on my blogroll as well as soon as I have time to sit down and clean it up.

It's so great to catch up with you again.

BTW, you are definitely not missing a thing back at you-know-where. Bleh!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home