The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Birthday Musings

WOOT, WOOT - it's my birthday, boopydoopboop!

I'm 44 today, and here's some of what I'm thinking:

  • I watched the whole Live Earth, on Bravo from 9:00 a.m to 2:30 a.m. OK, I TiVO-like substanced it, but I saw the whole thing. It was phenomenal! In addition to the message, which obviously was so important, the music was fantastic. They got everyone! The Police, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Black-Eyed Peas, Kanye West, Shakira, among others were great. Oh - and Nunatak were awesome! And Melissa Etheridge's performance was riveting and so timely. A great effort.
  • This is annoying me more than I should let it
  • Things that make you say Hmmmm...U.S. Aborted Raid on Qaeda Chiefs in Pakistan in ’05
  • We have a pair of orioles that live in the tree that sits in the patio where my favorite easy chair faces. They make me happy.

So, now that I've started my 45th year I look forward to our political climate changing, I hope to make some changes for my health and for the environment (what can I say, the concert inspired me!), and I hope my orioles stick around.

As I celebrate my birthday I recognized how blessed I am and I am thankful.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

That sounds LOVELY! Good luck to you on all your endeavors. I tripped over a new saying and I'm gonna try it on for size and think you might like it.
"There's lots to think about and nothing to worry about."
Happy Birthday Girlfriend!

2:16 PM  
Blogger sari said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :-)

7:29 PM  
Blogger Karoda said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!! Ya know I'll wish nothing less than a super fantastic year ahead for you!

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hooray for 44 glorious years and wishing your for at least 44 more.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Twango said...

Happy belated birthday.

I too watched all of LiveEarth, between what I caught on Sundance and Bravo and then the website, I'm thinking I caught every act. Thank goodness it was a fairly boring weekend.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home