The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Book Review - "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris


After reading Sedaris' Naked, I was a little wary because I really didn't like it. But I did like Holidays on Ice, so I gave him another shot.

I loved this book. It was funny, smart, interesting and easy to read. This guy's mind is twisted in all kinds of weird ways, but it makes for entertaining reading. The book slows down a bit when he describes his French lessons, he goes into too much detail, but the details are funny so it's not too bad.

I definitely recommend the book - it's fabulous! As a matter of fact, as you see on my "What I'm Reading" area, I'm now reading his most recent book (2005) Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I'm glad you liked "Me Talk Pretty One Day" enough to read the next book. It's so funny how people's tastes differ -- I started reading Sedaris' books because I loved Naked!

Thank you for the Rocking Girl Blogger badge!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hit or miss with David Sedaris. Loved "Me Talk Pretty..." and "Dress Your Family ..." Absolutely hated "Barrel Fever". No joke - it gave me panic attacks.

I'll get my badge up soon, promise. I really appreciate it!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home