The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, June 25, 2007

The Lion Will Sleep Forever



"Lion Sleeps Tonight" Singer Dies


El cantante Hank Medress que, con el grupo The Tokens, popularizó la canción "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" en 1961 murió de cáncer a los 68 años.

Aunque la canción es más vieja que yo, me acuerdo que yo la oí frecuentemente a través de los años, y siempre me gusto. La repetición de “weemoweh, oweemoweh, oweemoweh, oweemoweh” me llamó la atención desde chiquita.

El cantante se fue, pero la canción perdurará.



TRANSLATION: Singer Hanker Medress, who, along with the group The Tokens, popularized the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" in 1961, has died at the age of 68 of cancer.

Although the song is older than I am, I remember hearing it frequently played throughout the years, and I always liked it. The popular “weemoweh, oweemoweh, oweemoweh, oweemoweh” refrain caught my attention when I was little and still makes me smile.

So, the singer has left, but the song remains.

It's weird writing in my Blog in Spanish. I find myself writing more formally, less conversationally. What I'm doing is writing in Spanish and translating it to English. Maybe tomorrow 'll switch it around and write in English then translate to Spanish.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

Call me impressed that you can choose which language you wish to write in first. I have to write in English first and translate into German - that is if I don't want it to sound like a 9th graders textbook.

2:49 PM  
Blogger srah said...

That's awesome! Do you think your formality in Spanish is because you learned it mainly as a spoken language at home?

11:08 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Dixie: Thanks but it's not at all impressive, it's just instinct - I think in both languages.

srah - I think my Spanish writing is more formal because whenever I've written in Spanish throughout the years it's been either for school or business. Only for a short while did I participate in a Cuba newsgroup on the Internet where I wrote casually - and even then I mostly wrote in Spanglish. :)

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home