The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Moaning Meme


Curmudgeon posted the following meme to his Blog. And since I am forever moaning (although rarely whining) I took it. He said I could.

Here's how he presented the rules:

RULES
  • Link to the original meme at freelancecynic.com so people know what it's all about!
  • Be as honest as possible: This is about letting people get to know the real you!
  • Try not to insult anyone - unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly!
  • Post these rules at the end of every meme! (Both Curmudgeon and I ignored this part - because that's the rebels we are!)

[I am purposely not including politics in this, because well, it would be all about politics because I moan about current US politics endlessly.]

List 4 things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth:

  1. Those walkie-talkie things people use instead of cell phones. I don't care to listen to whatever you're talking about, particularly when it is preceded by static and squawky sounds
  2. Tofu - I'm sorry, I just think it's wrong to parasitically suck up the flavor of whatever you're served with.
  3. Tattoos. I swear I'm not judging anyone, I just don't like them, wouldn't want them on my body, would never have carnal relations with a man who has one, and if I had children and they got one - regardless of their age - I would attempt to rip it off their skin with my finger nails (I guess it's a good thing I don't have kids, huh?). But that's just me.
  4. Sports Commentators chattering endlessly during a game. I don't need to be told whoever passed the football to whoever - I can see it. Or some absurd, obscure stat about which no normal person should care. They should only speak when there's some sort of penalty that needs to be explained to me or if there's an interesting, feel-good, human interest anecdote about a player. Otherwise let us enjoy the ambient sounds of the game. Oh and for heaven's sake can we PLEASE be allowed to watch the college half-time shows? Those kids in the marching band work very hard and deserve air time. I don't need the commentators recapping what I just saw or what's going on in some other game! Oh and when the middle-aged former players take off their expensive well-tailored jackets and pretend to reenact a play, forget moaning, I want to shriek.

3 things people do that make you want to shake them violently:

  1. Talk on their cell phones in a restaurant, theater or during mass
  2. Toss garbage out of the car window
  3. Eat half a donut when someone brings them to work and leave the other half in the box. That's just nasty!

2 things you find yourself moaning about:

  1. Work. I want a temporary break from work (3 months should be about right) but can't afford it.
  2. Infotainment. I don't care if Lindsey Lohan is in or out of rehab. Really, I just don't care.

1 thing the above answers tell you about yourself:

  1. I have issues. :)

I won't tag anyone. If you respond, please post to my comments so I can go see your peeves.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

But did this help with your issues?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Ummmm...no. But it was fun.

:)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Infotainment. I don't care if Lindsey Lohan is in or out of rehab. Really, I just don't care."

You're no alone on that one

4:43 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I would also add "in the library" to the one about talking on cell phones. I want to smack those people especially when I working -- I don't care about their stupid conversations and do they really want me to hear them anyway?

8:18 PM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Since you did this one voluntarily, I tagged you with one yesterday.

Hope you don't mind.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home