The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New TV Season


So...to what new shows is everyone looking forward?

Here's my list so far:

Cane- Great cast, relatively local, about Cubans and about rum! What's not to love?

Dirty Sexy Money - The ad has intrigued me. Also Donald Sutherland and Jill Clayburgh - awesome!

Big Shots - Love Joshua Malina and Dylan McDermott. The show seems like it could be funny in a dysfunctional sorta way. If nothing else McDermott and Michael Vartran will provide delightful eye candy.

Moonlight - I think I could get into a vampire series. I never got into Buffy, but this has a dark, sleek look to it. We'll see.

Brotherhood - The Irish "Sopranos"? Showtime usually produce good shows, I'll *TiVO-like substance it* and check it out.

Pushing Daisies - The weirdness of the premise has intrigued me, and it's getting good critical buzz.

Also, new to me 30 Rock - I never saw it last season but have heard great things, so I'll check it out this season.

And then, of course, returning faves..."Heroes", "Men in Trees", "Brothers and Sisters", "House"...later on "LOST", "24", etc.

Thank the goddesses for TiVO-like-substance!



Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Karoda said...

Hilda, have you caught Damages starring Glenn Close? OMG! it is goooooddddddd...it debuted at the end in August. Its on Tuesdays nights on the FX channel. Each week after it goes off I want to pull my hair out because the suspense of it all just gets to me.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Hi Karoda!

I've heard really good things about that show - DUH! Glenn Close! - but I haven't seen it.

Maybe I'll program it into the DVR and check out an episode or two.

I'm really trying to cut down on TV, but it's not working. At least the DVR allows me to watch when it's convenient.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I watched the pilots to The Bionic Woman, Chuck, Journeyman, and Life on On Demand and shockingly they were all pretty decent.And even more shocking, The Bionic Woman may have been my favorite.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Karoda said...

HA! I'm trying to indulge more in tv as a form of relief... I became bored with the DIY and HGTV shows and my other addiction is just about anything on Free Speech tv, Univ. of Santa Barbara TV, and Link TV...my brain is close to exploding and I needed some down time.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

I've been without TV for so long that I can't even relate to the "exciting new season" feeling! Now that TV seasons are released on DVDs, I tend to go and pick & choose afterwards.

But I have nothing to talk about at the water cooler, sadly.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home