The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Luciano Pavarotti - R.I.P.



In my opinion no one ever has and no one ever will sing "Ave Maria" with the magic of Pavarotti. His rendition made my heart stop and made tears come to my eyes.

Although the world will be a sadder place because of the loss of this true and unique talent, there will be a magnificent concert in heaven tonight - and just this once the choirs of angels will remain silent, so as to listen to the incomparable Luciano Pavarotti.

Godspeed...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

You know, when I read about this this morning in the paper, I thought of you.

I knew you would be one person who would appreciate Luciano. I loved his voice.

When Nine was about three, we went to Las Vegas with Mr. Geek for a work trip. I remember Nine and I were walking past Bellagio and it was mid-afternoon and they were testing the fountains and the music for the water show that night.

They played a Pavoratti song and I remember the look of pure joy on my son's face as we stood watching the fountain show and listening to the music. It literally brought tears to my eyes because it was such a wonderful moment.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home