The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Book Meme! Book Meme!

Two of my favorite things - Books and Memes! YAY!

I got this from
Observations of a Librarian .

Here we go:

What are you reading right now?

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Do you have any idea what you'll read when you're done with that?

Persepolis 1 and 2 by Marjane Satrapi

What's the worst thing you were ever forced to read?

Chiquita’s Cocoon by Bettina Flores. There simply are no words to describe this mess.

What's the one book you always recommend to just about anyone?

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don't they?

Sadly, no.

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don't like it at all?

Living History by Hillary Rodham Clinton. I thought it was a wonderful, very readable book. I really think if her detractors read it, even if they wouldn't vote for her or wouldn't share her political beliefs, it would allow them to see her in a very different light.

Do you read books while you eat? Yes


While you bathe? No

While you watch movies or TV? No

While you listen to music? Yes

While you’re on the computer? No

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits?

No

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down?

That's easy - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling


There's no tagging, but if you answer, please let me know in my comments.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I loved the Persepolis books. I have The Shadow of the Wind but haven't read it yet. Are you enjoying Middlesex? I have it too but haven't yet read it.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Katya,
I can't wait to start Persepolis. Shadow of the Wind is without a doubt one of the absolute best books I've ever read - I'm sure you'll like it.

Middlesex is really, really good as well - it's much funnier than I expected. A great story, excellent writing.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I did it! :)

5:47 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

I did it too...you hooked me with this one!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home