The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Lola Shuffle - The "I Can't Come Up with a Good Edition Name" Edition

Hello!

I'm too scattered right now to write much but Lola wants to shuffle, so a'shufflin' we go...


  1. It's My Life - Bon Jovi (my absolute favorite Bon Jovi song)
  2. Witchcraft - Frank Sinatra (two *Joisey* boys in a row!)
  3. I Am the Walrus - The Beatles (I don't get this song, I guess I'm not sufficiently chemically enhanced. If anyone can explain these lyrics I will be wildly impressed.)
  4. Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw? - Jimmy Buffett (See? These lyrics I fully understand!)
  5. Near You - Marlene Dietrich (So now that they've made a movie about Edith Piaf's life, do you think a movie about Marlene Dietrich's incredibly interesting life is next? Wouldn't that be cool?)
  6. Oh Boy - Buddy Holly (A rock and roll classic - simple as that)
  7. I'm In You - Peter Frampton (I think this is one of the defining songs of my generation)
  8. Pata Pata - Miriam Makeba (she totally rocks)
  9. La Vie en Rose - Edith Piaf (Speaking of "the little sparrow"...this was my parent's' song...they would have celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary earlier this month)
  10. Landslide - Fleetwood Mac (I love the Dixie Chicks' version of this song but this is the definitive version, IMO)

Have a great weekend everyone - watch out for those landslides.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Sometimes I don't pay attention to lyrics, and I apparently NEVER EVER paid attention to those of I Am the Walrus. They make no sense at all!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

ok, I read the lyrics. I'm thinking chemicals were involved. That's the only explanation.
Most songs are poetry and can stand alone without the music. This one notsomuch!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home