The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, August 3, 2007

The Lola Shuffle - The "I STILL Don't Feel Well" Edition



I might as well just tell you up front, I am in a crabby mood this morning. I just am, sorry. So if you - justifiably so - don't want to deal with my bitching and moaning, as Dionne Warwick sang: just walk on by.

Why am I in a crabby mood? OK, since you asked so nicely I'll tell you.
  • As the cartoon above (by Jim Morin, the Miami Herald's Pulitzer award winning cartoonist) depicts - I am appalled that Rupert F'n Murdoch will now control what many - at least until now - considered to be *the* non-plus-ultra financial paper of record. I know I shouldn't let this stuff get to me, but it does. I can't help it.
  • This cold I've got. Enough is enough. I've complied, I've cooperated: I stayed home sleeping and resting for a total of 4 days, I've been taking my cold pills regularly, I've been a good cold patient. Now, like an annoying visiting relative, the damned thing won't go away! I've been sick since last frickin' frackin' Saturday - tomorrow is Saturday again and I still have this damned cold! GO AWAY!
  • This morning when Hubby was dropping me off at work, a Bio-hazard Waste collection man who was picking up the garbage from the medical building across from my office, tossed a big wad of tissue in the middle of the street. Just like that - toss! When I got out of the car I semi-shouted across the street that he shouldn't throw garbage in the street like that. He looked at me like I had grown antlers, but he picked up the tissue and threw it in his truck. I waved and said thank you. He looked confused. Dumbazz!
  • And lastly, but certainly the most serious. You remember my cousin Patty who was diagnosed with breast cancer in January and had the double-mastectomy and just finished her (hopefully) final chemo treatment? Well, yesterday her mother - my godmother - was told that a tumor that had grown around her removed last week thyroid gland was cancerous! What the hell? The prognosis however is good, and according to her the doctor said that in a few weeks she'll take one radiation pill and that should be the end of it. I am very close to my godmother and this news felt like a punch in the gut. Hopefully the prognosis is correct and the family can finally catch a break.

Anyway - despite my crappy mood Lola shuffles on...

  1. Round Here - Counting Crows
  2. Passionate Kisses - Mary Chapin Carpenter
  3. She's Always a Woman - Billy Joel
  4. Just a Girl - No Doubt (nice combo with the previous song)
  5. Come Dancing - The Kinks (OK this song makes me smile)
  6. If I Ever Lose My Faith - Sting (appropriate)
  7. Cry! Cry! Cry! - Johnny Cash (God love him, Johnny almost always makes your problems seem trivial because so many of his songs are so damned tragic)
  8. Juanita - Shania Twain (Don't snicker. This is actually a really good song, very woman empowering)
  9. Smile - Lily Allen (deliciously bitchy - I'm liking this little girl)
  10. Baby Can I Hold You - Tracy Chapman (phenomenal voice)

Not bad Lola...rock on.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll certainly try to do the same.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

I'm sorry you are so down. I am really sorry about your godmother. I will keep her in my prayers as I do Patti. Just focus on the prognosis. Have some more fluids and maybe we should do something to shake this thing! I call you later. Keep breathing and smiling girl!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Holy smokes! That is a fabulous shuffle! Kudos, Lola!

I'm so sorry about your godmother. She has my prayers.

I hope your cold is gone soon. Time never goes so slowly as when you've got a cold. Or are stuck in traffic and you've got to wee.

I'll not say anything about the WSJ being bought by Satan. I have nothing to say that wouldn't end up in a string of obscenities.

6:55 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Hilda, I hope you're feeling better soon and your godmother is able to tackle this. It sounds like a crappy week, let's hope the weekend picks up and next week is better.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home