The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Book Review - "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" by J.K. Rowling (No Spoilers)


Wonderful! Hands down the best of the Harry Potter series. I laughed, I gasped, I was scared, and I most definitely cried. Rowling has managed to create a parallel world that has become so familiar you don't feel it's fantasy - it all makes perfect sense, there's no need to suspend disbelief.

This is by far the most complex book as there was a lot to explain. The significant back story is presented in various ways, some of them very imaginative. The ending while sad, was satisfying and realistic.

And now we say goodbye to this amazing cast of characters at least in book form. I read something by Stephen King (apparently a *huge* Potter fan) where he points out that kids who started off with the first book when they were 8 are turning 18 now...they grew up with Harry. To a degree so did we, even as adults. The books reminded us of simple, important values - loyalty, friendship, perseverance, bravery - that adult, more sophisticated or complex literature often ignores or takes for granted.

So I say goodbye to old friends, even though I know that I will revisit them, as these are books I will definitely read again

I recommend this book with no caveats. For those who have seen and enjoyed the movies - the books are so much better!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

It's my favorite as well. I loved every chapter.

I firmly believe that these seven books will be as well loved 100 years from now.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

This is also my absolutely favorite HP book. I loved the epilogue and was glad she included it.

I agree, Dix -- I think these books will be well-loved a long time from now.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Congrats! OK, so now I will borrow all the ones I haven't read from you and read them all together. That's what I did at the beginning. I think I read the first 3 or 4. I'd have to check.

11:38 AM  
Blogger sari said...

I loved this as well, it was so good.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home