The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Birthday Meme


My Blog Buddy Curmudgeon has tagged me for this meme. Since I love talking about myself (What? Don't judge me! I'm an only child! It's all about me damn it!) I'm in meme heaven!

OK, so we're supposed to look up our date of birth on Wikipedia and find three events, two births and a holiday that happened on that date.

My birthday, as many of you know, just happened on July 8th.

Events:


  1. 1776 - The Declaration of Independence was read aloud in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

  2. 1889 - The first issue of the Wall Street Journal is published. (Things that make you say Hmmm: I worked as a telemarketer for The Wall Street Journal about 20 years ago!)

  3. 1947 - Reports are broadcast that a UFO has crash landed in Roswell, New Mexico.

Births:

  1. 1593 - Artemisia Gentileschi, female Italian painter

  2. 1970 - Beck, American singer

Holiday:

  1. Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery (that's Soapy's picture up there)


That was fun!

Now Curmudgeon is a lawyer, so he likes to complicate things. I'm supposed to copy the list below from his Blog, delete the top name and add my link to the bottom. So you have to do that too - Curmudgeon said so!

Big Leather Couch

Mimi Writes

Late Bloomer Boomer

Second Effort

The Mind Wobbles

And, I'm supposed to tag five people,so...purplepassion, Dixie, Sari, Troyboy and Toni - TAG, all y'all are IT!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

I love it when you tag me. :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

This sounds like fun. I will do it later today. I hope I can do that list of links at the end. You know I'm not too good with all that technical stuff.
Actually, I already know the holiday: Flag Day!
TGIF!

8:44 AM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Soapy Smith? Interesting.

But I didn't complicate things with the link stuff -- honest! That was how it was presented to me....

12:09 PM  
Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

The Roswell Sighting explains SO MUCH.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home