The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Saturday, July 21, 2007

I'll see you 759 pages from now...

YAY! *THE* book was delivered to my door at exactly 1:58 a.m. today! I immediately sat down and read the last chapter and epilogue. This morning I started reading it from the beginning and so far it is awesome - there's been a lot of really interesting back story.

Until I finish the book, I don't expect to be posting much - unless something momentous happens - so don't worry if you don't hear from me for a few days. I'll be wandering the halls of Hogwarts, or the Ministry of Magic or wherever Rowling takes me - but I've got my phoenix tail feather wand and my invisibility cloak, so I'll be OK.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Adam Thornton said...

I'm a stranger to Potter-fever, so please explain...why did you read the last chapter BEFORE the rest of the book? Or is this something you always do?

8:39 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Enjoy your book :)

11:48 AM  
Blogger sari said...

OH MY GOSH I can't believe you read the end first.

I CANNOT believe it! Hilda!!

I'm already re-reading it, ha ha. But I read it in order. ;-)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

muffy: Yes, I often read the last chapter of a book first. I'm stunned at how much this upsets people! They are convinced that doing this "ruins" it for me. It doesn't. I don't read a book just for the ending, I read it for the whole experience.It's about the journey - not the destination. I liken it to researching a new city you will be visiting, and then enjoying the trip.

Shelby - Thanks! :)

Sari - See! Sari, you're one of those people! I can't believe you finished the book already. You are the first adult I've heard has finished the book. I know of one child who finished it between 5 p.m. Saturday and 11:00 a.m. Sunday. (sigh) I won't finish it that quickly. I'll take at least a week - there's too much going on.

10:51 PM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

I admit I was tempted to read the end first... but I restrained myself.

If it had ended badly I might not have gone back and read the book... and I wanted to read it.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

The build up is the big reason why I don't want to read the ending of any book first. I like the tension and seeing how the path the author is taking me down can change in an instant and I like to observe where I am in a book and think about where I may be going next. If I already know what the destination I'm heading towards is then I believe I won't enjoy the process of getting there as much.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

Okay, I know how fast you read. You gotta be done by now. No spoilers! But were you happy?

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home