The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Favorite Kids Books

I contribute to Reading is Fundamental (RIF) because, well because I think reading *is* fundamental.

Anyway, because of this they periodically send me information and ask me for more money…:) I just received a notice about the results of their "Best Books Ballot" for children's books, and these were the top ten favorites (from 1 to 10):



  1. The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss
  2. Goodnight Moon - Margaret Wise Brown
  3. Curious George - H.A. Rey
  4. Where the Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak
  5. Tale of Peter Rabbit - Beatrix Potter
  6. Madeline - Ludwig Bemelmans
  7. The Velveteen Rabbit - Marjorie Williams
  8. Make Way for the Ducklings - Robert McCloskey
  9. Where the Sidewalk Ends - Shel Silverstein
  10. Clifford the Big Red Dog - Norman Bridwell

I haven't read all of the books listed, but some of my favorites - some of which I read as an adult - aren't there:


  • The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Are You There God? It's Me Margaret - Judy Blume
  • The Giving Tree - Shel Silverstein
  • A Christmas Memory - Truman Capote

Do you have any favorite children's books not listed?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home