The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Book Review - "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer



OK, so I haven't been Twilight's target demographic in three decades (silent scream) but I loved it! I got totally sucked in (pun intended).

Meyer weaves a wonderful story with characters that are intriguing, yet despite being vampires are somehow familiar. Obviously, being a "young adult" novel, the writing is simple and straight forward, no complicated symbolism or language - just good storytelling.

We are introduced to a unique "family" of vampires through Bella's eyes. As a matter of fact, the whole book is in Bella's voice. First person narration is difficult to write, yet Meyer never messes up - good writing or good editing, or both.

Along with other younger "fanpires", I have a crush on Edward Cullen...no it is not sick, he's over 100 years old! But he is oh-so-romantic.

I've already started reading New Moon the next book in the series of four. I'll let you know how I like it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

I got an ARC (Advance Reading Copy for you non-writers) of this book at a writer's conference, back before it came out. Everyone got one in their bag and the place was abuzz with how terrific it is.

Totally gotcha on Edward.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home