The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, July 27, 2009

Question - When is a Cheetah a Chimp?


^ ^ above is a reasonable facsimile of what I was trying to draw ^ ^

Answer - When I have to draw one while playing Pictionary after imbibing in three "double" Appletinis.

See, it was my turn to draw and I swear I saw "chimpanzee", alas it was actually "cheetah". There were three couples and we were playing guys against girls, so when we were drawing, the boys got to look at the card. I kept hearing Hubby saying "is she drawing the right thing?" and I thought he was just making fun of my drawing skills.

Now I had the girls saying "monkey" but we couldn't quite make the leap to "chimpanzee". They didn't seem to grasp the *obvious* - I had drawn several trees and had the chimp jumping from one to another.

Of course there's also the matter that I don't really know what a chimp looks like. I think Tarzan's friend...OHMYGOD - ***LIGHT BULB MOMENT***! I just realized why I saw "cheetah" and thought "chimpanzee" - Tarzan's chimp was named Cheeta! DUH!

Seriously, I just realized this while I was writing it. I feel so much better now.

And don't "get all up in my grill" that a chimp isn't a monkey or doesn't look like my drawing - nothing I draw looks like what it's supposed to - that's my style. Yeah, that's it...it's a style called "hyper-unrealism" and I am its founder.


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger TroyBoy said...

You had us worried during game night, what with you being a writer by trade, which would presume that you are also an avid reader, but at last, there is an answer to the conundrum that occured that aspicious evening.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Hey - it all makes perfect sense to me!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home