The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Holiday Shopping

Have you started your holiday shopping? I have, I've already gotten a lot of stuff and have a lot on order. 100% of the shopping I've done thus far has been on the Internet or from catalogs. I just don't have the patience to go shopping at malls in general, let alone during the holidays.

The most difficult are my in-laws, with us living in Miami and them in Pennsylvania and Texas it's difficult to know what they want. I've been trying to get them to make wish lists for years but they won't do it. So, we have to guess...

Every year I swear that next year we're making donations to a worthy charity on everyone's behalf in lieu of gifts, but then I cave and buy presents - because honestly as much as I like to get presents (and believe me I *love* presents) I really enjoy giving them.

I've got a few more to get, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Wish me luck!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

I hope to finish up my shopping on Black Friday. I've always gone shopping that day, I LOVE the it, it's fun. I love the bargains. I also always save one gift for Christmas Eve. I love the last minute frenzy in the stores. Of course, I shop for all the children in the family early because I don't want to not be able to get something for one of them. I like the peace of mind that the kids are done. Then I can can fun with the adult gifts. I love giving presents too. I love shopping - for other people! Ahhh....Tis' the season!

9:46 AM  
Blogger sari said...

I have a lot of relatives like that as well. Sometimes you win, sometimes you chuck it into the garage sale pile.

Hee hee!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

you write:

"I also always save one gift for Christmas Eve. I love the last minute frenzy in the stores."

OK, its official, you need meds!

It's not bad enough that you wake up at an unspeakable hour on Black Friday to go "early bird shopping" - you now tell me you *purposely* don't buy something so you have to go into the hellhole that is shopping on the 24th?

You are not well.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I'm not sure what to get my MIL and B's hemming and hawing about what he wants so none of my German shopping is done. For everyone in the US I take an evening to go through Amazon.com and order gifts to be sent directly to them. I save a fortune not shipping Christmas overseas.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm in complete denial that it's even the holiday season.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've started thinking about my holiday shopping. Does that count?

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home