The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, November 9, 2006

So - we got the Senate too!

I am so happy, albeit overwhelmed. Apparently the Virginia thing is pretty much done and Webb won!

I watched Dubyuh's press conference Wednesday and I thought he was pissy. It was fabulous!

So what happens now? Will stuff actually get done or will there be gridlock for 2 years? I mean if Dubyuh vetoes whatever the Congress and Senate present we won't have the necessary numbers to override it so...

It has the potential of being a very interesting time.

Do you think we'll see more of Dubyuh's posse leave or will Rumsfeld be the only sacrificial lamb?

The mind wobbles...

5 Comments:

Blogger Karoda said...

He has never developed or cultivated the art of diplomacy or negotiations so I don't expect the man to start now...but at least his "blank check" as he so put it has been cancelled! and I'm feeling today and at this moment pride as an American which I thought all was lost to me!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

And HOW condescending was that speech? Cautioning the Democrats about the importance of the responsibility they are taking on, as if the party arrived on the US political scene last week. And if I hear one more curtain joke, I’m gonna barf.

What I’m really looking forward to is hearing the guy that announces the President’s arrival on the floor having to holler “MADAME SPEAKER” for the first time in history.

Think about it, Nancy Pelosi is two seats away from the Oval Office. So, if Dubya and Cheney/Satan were to go, say, moose hunting, and Cheney were to shoot Dubya, then have to resign in shame...

*Sigh.*

10:19 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Yes, Madame Speaker sounds lovely! I can't wait. I will make my boys sit in front of the TV and listen to history no matter how much they will grumble.
...yes...lovely....and about darn time! :)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I wonder if GWB feels like Henry Hudson about now - shoved in a little boat by his crew and set out to drift.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Karoda said...

Dixie, he had that look on his face that said "my little boat is adrift".

Pelosi had lunch with him yesterday but I sure hope she doesn't accept any invites from Cheney to go hunting ;)

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home