The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, May 11, 2007

The Lola Shuffle - The "North Star State" Edition

I'm going to Minneapolis on business, leaving Sunday and returning Thursday. The Minnesota state bird is the Common Loon, which is somehow appropriate for Lola, dontcha think?

Let's see what Loony Lola offers us this week, I hope we get some Bob Dylan or Prince in there...

  1. "Landslide" - The Dixie Chicks (good start...)
  2. "Walk in Jerusalem" - Mahalia Jackson (if Mahalia's version of this song doesn't send your spirits soaring, nothing will)
  3. "Glory Days" - Bruce Springsteen (a long-standing favorite of mine)
  4. "All of Me" - Billie Holiday (wonderful Billie)
  5. "A Whiter Shade of Pale" - Sarah Brightman (I like her voice very ethereal)
  6. "Over the Rainbow" - Eva Cassidy (Dare I say it? I like her version better than the original. Don't hate me.)
  7. "I Need to Know" - Marc Anthony (love his voice, it's so plaintive)
  8. "Jesse" - Carly Simon (one of my favorite songs of hers)
  9. "Dear Mr. President" - Pink (You go sistah friend!)
  10. "Cold, Cold Heart" - Norah Jones (pretty)

Hmmm...quite the estrogen-heavy shuffle this week. Bruce and Marc are in excellent company though.

Alas, no Minnesotans made the shuffle! Mayhaps the excess estrogen has made Lola a bit ornery...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

You can keep Pink and Norah Jones but I am in love with the rest! :)

Have a safe trip!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

That's a wonderful shuffle. Unlike Dixie, I like Pink and Norah Jones, so it's a perfect shuffle for me. That Mahalia Jackson song is just amazing -- it does indeed make my spirit soar.

7:18 PM  
Blogger sari said...

It's nice when you get a lot of songs you like!

Have a great and safe trip!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home