The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Book Meme

OK, I know this is two memes in a row. I don't care, I can do what I want, y'all aren't the bosses of me! And anyway I got this meme from the anti-meme king Curmudgeon.

So, here's the deal:

* Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more - No cheating.
* Turn to page 123 and find the first five sentences.
* Now post the next three sentences.
* The fun begins - - tag some people to play along.

As usual, I won't tag anyone - if you want to play please let me know in my Comments.

The book is The Lazy Environmentalist by Josh Dorfman. Page 123, sentences 6,7 and 8:

The Brooklyn, New York-based design trio of Sam Kraigel, Nikki Frazier, and Jesse James Arnold create furniture that is as aesthetically exciting as itis extremely practical. The Hollow Series of streamlined bamboo coffee, console, and side tables are "hollowed" out to offer hidden interior storage swpaces - perfect for stashing books, magazines, multiple remote controls, and gaming consoles. The Bamboo Stagger is a stunning wall-size shelving unit designed to accommodate an assortment of objects by integrating shelves of varying widths and heights.
Hey! It said the "nearest book" - that's the nearest book. I purchased right after the big environment concert - I was all inspired and it looks nice on the coffee table.

So what's your nearest book right now?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I'm going to do this one.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still there is no question that he was by his early thirties a respectaly prosperous citizen - though we gain a little perspective on Shakespeare's wealth when we compare his 200 to 700 a year with the 3,300 that the courtier James Hay could spend on a single banquet or the 190,000 that the Earl of Suffolk lavished on his country home in Essex, Audley End, or the 600,000 in booty Sir Francis Drake brought home from jut one produrive sea venture in 1580. Shakespeare was well off but scarcely a titan of finance. And it appears that no matter how prosperous he got, he nver stopped being tightfisted.

9:40 AM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

The 'anti-meme king', eh?

Wow....

12:56 PM  
Blogger The Vicar of VHS said...

"They talk such trash! I almost came to blows! I've left my uncle to preside."

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (e-text, pdf version), page 123, sentences 6,7,8.

Part III, Chapter I. :)

4:30 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Okay, I am not as big a reader as I should be and I've lost touch with the Curmudgeon, so in hopes to correct both counts, I will do this one.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home