The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, August 1, 2008

The Lola Shuffle - The "Another Fun Weekend" Edition


Hello all...I have a great weekend coming up! Tonight is Game Night with the girls, tomorrow I'm going to learn how to make traditional Cuban Picadillo - you can check the recipe (with pictures) next week at Cuban Home Cooking and Sunday I'm brunching with a friend from work - YAY!

So Lola, shuffle up some happy weekend music!
  1. Truckin' - Grateful Dead (Quintessential Dead)
  2. Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen (Another classic!)
  3. Soy - Willy Chirino
  4. Give It Up - Cyndi Lauper
  5. I Who Have Nothing - Jordin Sparks (when I heard her sing this I knew she would win!)
  6. Bennie and the Jets - Elton John - (It's Elton...'nuff said)
  7. Real Good Man - Tim McGraw (Home boy sure wears his jeans well...yummy!)
  8. Behind the Wall - Tracy Chapman (Amazing song - sung a capella - her voice and the lyrics break your heart)
  9. Three Times a Lady - Lionel Richie (Yes, I know it's schmaltzy, but still, it was such a great slow-dancing song during my misspent youth...)
  10. I Get a Kick Out of You - Frank Sinatra (Perennial favorite...this is the pre-politically correct version where he sings: "some people they go for cocaine, I'm sure that if I took even one sniff it would bore me terriff-ically too, 'cause I get a kick out of you...")

Great job Lola - everybody have a wonderful weekend!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

hope you have a great time!

i listened to truckin' today - how very strange.

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home