The New Frugality
This article in The Miami Herald got me thinking about changes we've recently made due to our "bail-out" economy.
- For groceries we've gone back to clipping coupons, are buying food at our "warehouse store" more often and taking advantage of "buy one get one free" deals. Due to my diabetes we have to watch what we buy, and healthy food tends to be more expensive.
- We're eating out a lot less than we used to - we used to eat out at keast two times a week
- We changed credit cards to no membership fee cards
- Selling books on half.com, buying books on half.com
- Our vacuum cleaner cord got messed up and where we would have bought a new vacuum cleaner in the past, we took it to be repaired
- We're buying local produce
- Cutting back on casual purchases
- Hubby and I probably won't exchange Christmas presents this year
Are you doing anything differently?