The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Saturday at the Miami International Book Fair





YAY! The Book Fair! Saturday was the first day of the street fair and I had a blast.

I took the Metrorail into Downtown early this morning and arrived at the fair a little before 10:00 A.M. Throughout the day I attended several author presentations including Esmeralda Santiago, my favorite "non-famous" poet Adrian Castro.


I learned about a fantastic organization called Las Comadres. They presented three Latina women authors which was fun and interesting because rather than read from their work they talked about their experiences in getting published, marketed, etc.

I had some Pad Thai from the international food court and walked around Children's Alley where I saw Madeline, Curious George and Raggedy Ann walking around! I stopped by an area of the fair called Write Out Loud Cafe where I relaxed and listened to several people read poetry before continuing with the author presentations. I browsed some of the books and went home, already planning my "Author Sessions" for tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home