The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Sunday, November 1, 2009

12 Years and Counting



I'm writing this at 8:52 p.m. on November 1. 12 years ago at this time, Hubby and I were smack-dab in the middle of our Wedding Reception. By this time my father had already left for the hospital because a kidney stone and I had already stuck a contact lens into an eye that already had one in there - rendering me virtually blind for my reception.

Yet despite all that plus the plethora of misadventures that befell us on that unseasonably rainy day - we're talking biblical proportions - our reception was awesome! Great friends and family from all over, excellent music provided by what may easily be the only Cuban DJ in the area, very good food and a whole lot of laughter. What more do you need?

Twelve years later we spent this lazy Sunday at home, playing on the computer, watching football and now watching the Phillies in the World Series - GO PHILLIES W00T! But between the football games and the baseball game we maintained our anniversary tradition. Afterwards we sat for a while looked at our wedding album and talked. We talked about how things have changed, stuff we want to work on, and we reminisced about that day twelve years ago - and we laughed! We still laugh...I know we always will.

To my husband, the love of my life, Happy Anniversary baby! It's been a hell of a ride, and the road ahead is wide open...let's go!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger IslandPearl said...

Congratulations! And your tradition made me tear up a bit.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Acinom said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! (a day late)

Glad to hear you're doing BloMo too also! <3

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home