The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, January 11, 2007

21,500 US Men and Women

US Senators Attack Bush Iraq Plan


In his TV address, Mr Bush said fresh troops in Iraq would help to secure Baghdad's streets as part of the new strategy. He said his country's commitment to Iraq was "not open ended"...
Right, it's not open ended, yet he provided no time table for withdrawal of any troops. Sounds pretty open ended to me.


Meanwhile, Republican Senator Chuck Hagel told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee:
"I think this speech given last night by this president represents the most dangerous foreign policy blunder in this country since Vietnam if it's carried out,"
Several Republicans are coming out against Dubyuh's latest "strategy". I don't know if it's because they really give a damn about the situation or if they are rats jumping off a sinking ship and I don't really care. Any criticism against this policy, any opposition expressed in any way by anyone is good.

Today we drove past a rally organized by Moveon.org in one day via e-mail. It wasn't huge but it was there...and it was good.

I participated in more than my share of rallies when I was younger...perhaps it's time to start again.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

In a bold and unprecendented political move, I'm tagging you for a meme.

Happy Friday.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home