The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend Bullets

Lots of random stuff happened over the weekend...it was nice!
  • Got my hair cut for the first time in like 2 years. I got bangs and a bob. The foot of hair they cut off was donated to one of the organizations that makes wigs for cancer patients.
  • Had lunch with hubby at a local Mexican restaurant...chicken mole enchiladas, yummy!
  • Saw several movies at home, on TV: "You, Me and Dupree" - 110 minutes of my life I'll never get back; "Tristan and Isolde" - loved it!; "Children of the Corn" - horribly bad movie, still scares the crap out of me, I think this movie is why I'm afraid of large groups of children.
  • Sunday night we had or Culinarily Adventurous Girls' Dinner with four girl friends at a nearby French restaurant - it was great! For appetizers we shared a platter of French cold cuts and pate and we also had mussels in a cream sauce - delicious. As an entree I had steak tartare which was fantastic and we shared 4 desserts: chocolate crepes, profiteroles, chocolate fondant lava cake and goat cheesecake. All awesome. We selected a nice bottle of Bordeaux, and then we found out they're half price on Sundays - so we ordered another one!
  • And then...the Sopranos finale! I'll admit my first reaction was - "Shit, the cable went out!". Then when I realized it hadn't, it was "WTF?" But then as I thought more about it, I realized it really was a brilliant episode and a fantastic ending. Kudos to David Chase!
  • After I went to bed I got a really bad stomach-aches and didn't sleep at all, so I stayed home from work today and slept in late. My stomach is still a bit off. Must've been those onion rings the Sopranos enjoyed at the end of the show. :)

What did you do this weekend?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well here's what circulated to me about the Sopranos ending. The guy that walked to the b-room is Phil Leotardo's nephew Nicky Leotardo. The trucker is from season 2 and the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher for the DVD players. The youth that come-in with AJ tried to kill Tony in season 2 or 3 (don't remmeber that). That there are strange point of view cuts during the diner scene. Those cuts were between audience point of view and Tony point of view. The abrupt end; silence and cut to black was because we were in Tony's point of view and Tony was whacked.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home