The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday's Ear Worm

So...what song have I had in my head all day?

Are you ready to get in the *Way Back Machine* with me Sherman?

None other than Ringo Starr's "No, No Song", released in 1974. Seriously. Does anyone remember this song?

Here it is...sing along...BWAHAHAHAHAHA:


The No No Song by Hoyt Axton

A lady that I know just came from Colombia
She smiled because I did not understand
Then she held out some marijuana ha-ha
She said it was the best in all the land.

And I said: No no no no, I don't smoke it no more
I'm tired of waking up on the floor.
No, thank you, please,it only makes me sneeze
And then it makes it hard to find the door.

A woman that I know just came from Majorca Spain
She smiled because I did not understand
Then she held out a 10 pound bag of Cocaine
She said it was the best in all the land.

And I said: No no no no, I don't sniff it no more
I'm tired of waking up on the floor.
No, thank you, please,it only makes me sneeze
And then it makes it hard to find the door.

A man I know just came from Nashville Tennessee-o
He smiled because I did not understand
Then he held out some moonshine whiskey oh-ho
He said it was the best in all the land.

And I said: No no no no, I don't drink it no more
I'm tired of wakin' up on the floor.
No, thank you, please, it only makes me sneeze
And then it makes it hard to find the door.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Yes, I remember. I had it on vinyl when it came out. I have it on CD now. And the kids don't know what to make of it when it's come on in the house....

12:44 PM  
Blogger sari said...

ringo starr could sing anything and it would sound pleasant and happy. if that came out nowadays...I'm sure I'd be shaking my head at what the world's coming to, ha ha.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I haven't heard that song in a blue moon! Earworm is right - hooks you right in.

Did you know that Hoyt Axton's mother co-wrote "Heartbreak Hotel"? That's your triva for the day.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home