The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Minneapolis - Tuesday

OK, so I've posted three posts for one day...what can I say, there's a lot going on in Hildaland! Or maybe, there's just a lot going on in Hilda's head!

I just wanted to report on the day. I spent most of the day in the conference, you know, the reason I'm here. But I did take a walk along Nicollet Mall, the street my hotel's on. It was cold when I walked to dinner at 5 p.m., it's in the mid 60s - you have to understand, yesterday the high was 92! It was hotter here than in Miami!

So, I wound up going to the British pub. Question: How have I lived my entire life not knowing about Scotch Eggs ? OHMYGOD - they are awesome! Dixie - did you know about these? Why didn't you tell me?

So, obviously I had scotch eggs as an appetizer. Is it wrong to have an appetizer *and* a cup of soup? Well, too bad. After the scotch eggs I had a cup of Garlic Pepper Steak soup - yummy. As an entree I had this awesome lamb stew all washed down with a British hard cider named Strongbow - very nice. And for dessert, I had bread pudding topped with English toffee - yes, bread pudding and toffee. YAY!

Tomorrow I have a short conference day, so I plan to do a bit of sight-seeing: the Minneapolis Institute of Arts has a psychadelic art exhibit along with rock and roll posters from the late 60s and early 70s concerts at San Francisco's Fillmore. They're also supposed to have a very good permanent collection. And I'm going to search for the Mary Tyler Moore statue damn it! Tomorrow night I plan to go see a play called "Triple Espresso", it's been running in Minneapolis since 1998. It's supposed to be really funny - I'll let you know.

I'll leave you with a quote from the great Ted Baxter: "It's actually tomorrow in Tokyo. Do you realize that there are people alive here in Minneapolis who are already dead in Tokyo?"




Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

Aren't Scotch Eggs fab? I normally don't care for hard boiled eggs but I will eat them in three cases: In a hard boiled egg sandwich, as deviled eggs and as Scotch eggs. Mmmm!

5:05 PM  
Blogger pascarellamary said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the scotch egg. I've always assumed they were used as weapons.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Twango said...

In my best Homer Simpson noise,
ummmmmmm Scotch Eggs

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home