The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Republican Debate

As an unabashedly partisan, card-carrying Democrat, the sole reason I watched the debate was because my husband is mildly fascinated by Ron Paul.

The only thing that actually made me sit up and take notice was
Tom Tancredo's astonishingly hateful rhetoric against immigrants - both illegal and legal! Yep, he actually said he wanted a "time out" on *legal* immigration!

Of course Tancredo is the ethnocentric idiot who, showing a pathetic lack of originality, called Miami a "Banana Republic" so I don't know why I was flummoxed. Maybe it was because I had never heard anyone - other than tin-foil-hat-wearing white supremacists - actually speak against *legal* immigration in this country which is made up of immigrants!

The mind wobbles...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Yes, such people have a curious idea of what "immigration" means: an "immigrant" isn't somebody who moved here from somewhere else, an "immigrant" is just somebody who isn't caucasian or Michelle Malkin.

Sad.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I saw that last night myself and went berserk. And remember, bi-lingual countries can't survive!

Perhaps ol' Tom would like to put down his white hood long enough to tell that to people in...oh...say...Canada. Belgium. Luxembourg. And that complete failure of a country, Switzerland.

I was diggin' on Ron Paul last night myself.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

He was talking against LEGAL immigration? I'm like you -- I've never heard anyone except white supremacists to that. Why do we need a "time out" on legal immigration?

7:55 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Sadly not much of Canada is functionally bi-lingual, other than the product packaging. We all learned French in highschool but most of us -- me included -- forgot it.

Nunavut, however, is becoming tri-lingual, or so I hear...

8:59 AM  
Blogger Twango said...

I missed both sets of debates this go round.

A Banana Republic? good grief!

I don't know anyone who has a problem with legal immigration, except as mentioned, the white supremacists.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home