The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, September 21, 2007

The Lola Shuffle - The "OHMYGOD This Week SO Needs To Be Over!" Edition

Remember the cheesy disco (is that redundant?) movie "Thank God It's Friday"? Well, Imma gonna cheese it up because - Thank God it's Friday!

OK Lola, let's end the week with a bang!
  1. Over the Rainbow - Eva Cassidy (Absolutely beautiful, heart-wrenching version of this song)
  2. Forever Young - Joan Baez (Go, Lola, go Lola...you're doing great! Forget Rod Stewart's version - this one is so much more heart-felt.)
  3. You're My World - Helen Reddy (Don't you start with me Dixie! - I like this song and I like it by Helen, so there!)
  4. Oye Como Va - Santana (Perfection!)
  5. Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac (Meh...OK I guess, not doing it for me today)
  6. Take Me Home - Cher (Ha! Cher and disco! Well, it made me laugh.)
  7. Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John and Kiki Dee (Lola - you're killing me!)
  8. One More Saturday Night - Grateful Dead (Ah...better. The Grateful Dead are always good for a smile.)
  9. The Ballad of John and Yoko - The Beatles (I hadn't thought of this song in forever - it's pretty good actually)
  10. Sister Goldenhair - America (Yeah, good way to end the shuffle and start the weekend)

Once again - for the most part - Lola knows what I need to hear.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

well, I will have to stand up for Elton and Kiki. My dad and I used to sing that together when I was young, I love it. ;-)

Have a great weekend!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I'm going to have to come to Miami and give Lola a Helen Reddy exorcism! Heh!

MWAH! You know I'd never do that. Mostly because I'd be afraid Helen Reddy would jump in Bixente.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home