The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, September 24, 2007

What did you do last weekend?

I had an OK weekend...

  • I got my hair cut. I don't love it. I think I look like Prince Valiant - remember him? I'm 44 years old and the hair stylist gave me a page boy haircut! What is that about? Anyway, it'll go away when I wash my hair and don't blow dry it.
  • I went to visit the new local Whole Foods Market. Sadly, I was a week early. Bummer. I'll try again next Saturday. You can't imagine how excited everybody is about this place!
  • My refrigerator, which came with the condo and is about 87,000 years old, is acting weird. We have a mysterious daily pooling of water on the bottom shelf - but nothing else is wet, so it's not dripping from the freezer. It's just water that apparently comes from nowhere. It's just there. Of course when hubby and I started discussing getting a new refrigerator, the mysterious pooling stopped.
  • Sunday my friend Cris and I made spaghetti squash with a fresh tomato, olive oil and fresh garlic sauce. It was awesome. We also made (invented?) a lovely appetizer: fresh figs cut in half then stuffed with a veined cheese with which I wasn't familiar, topped with a dollop of balsamic vinegar and nuked. The thing is we nuked them a bit too long which made them really tasty - the cheese sort of dissolved into the fig - but not pretty. Further experimentation is required.
  • Sunday night/Monday morning I didn't fall asleep till like 4 a.m. then woke up today at 7:00 a.m. and managed to go to work, not fall down, attend a meeting and not fall asleep, and actually wound up being relatively productive. I had, I'm totally not exagerrating, 7 shots of Cuban coffee in two sittings - 4 shots at around 9:30 a.m. and 3 shots at around 2 p.m.

I'm sleepy now...good night.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Over the years, I've cohabited with many old fridges that had pans underneath for catching water. I've never really understood where the water comes from, but I think it's either due to some kind of automatic defrosting of the cooling coils (which naturally ice up over time), or something to do with evaporation or condensation.

Sometimes you see air conditioners dripping water on really hot days...I bet it's the same principal. Most fridges do have a "pan" for catching that liquid; maybe yours has gotten bumped out of place?

9:00 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Well, out go out on a limb and say the highlight was Sunday with the dinner experimenting....because you were with me! BWAHAahahaha! Since I worked most of the weekend, your coming over and cooking with me was my highlight for sure! Ahhh...the sun 'll come out ta'morrow! :)
HAPPY TUESDAY!

12:20 PM  
Blogger sari said...

The food sounds great. And it's funny, I just got home from a trip to Whole Foods. It's a good store. Not your "everyday grocery shopping store" (too $$$) but a good store.

6:18 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Yummy on the figgy things! And why wasn't I called to come over?

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home