The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

American Idol - Top 11 - Motown!


Wooooo Motown!

This can be very good or horribly bad...
I love Motown but I've seen it mangled on AI. Let's see what happens. Oy, I'm guessing Jennifer was going for the retro thing with the eyeshadow!

Casey Abrams – I Heard It Through The Grapevine - fantastic song!; NO! Screaming! OK, it got less bad but I don't like it. He's too affected...too too! I think I officially don't like this guy. Score - 5

Thia Megia – Heat Wave – Excellent song!; agai she looks beautiful; sounds good, the lows are a little wonky but I'm liking it; lost it a bit towards the end; she has a pretty voice; it was good, not great. Score – 7.

Jacob Lusk – You're All I Need To Get By - interesting choice, not an obvious hit, but good song; See? They said he was overdoing it before; ok I like this he has a great voice; much much better!; if he can maintain the control throughout the competition this may work; awww nana!; god Ryan is an idiot! Score - 9.

Lauren Alaina – You Keep Me Hanging On - great song; she looks great; oh wait...this is working; omg I like it!; OK wow! that was really good. Score - 8.

Stefano Langone
– Hello – meh, the song, I don't love it; he's cute; not bad; he just has a really good voice; see, the high parts worked; I like this kid; . Score - 8.

Haley Reinhart - You Really Got A Hold On Me - fantastic song!; she looks beautiful; good thing she's working the legs because the singing, not so much; ok really awful; the ending made my ears bleed omg; once again I have a total disconnect with the judges. Score - 4.

Scotty McCreery – For Once In My Life – amazing song, not easy to do it justice - he looks good; he's actually pulling this off sorta- a countrifiedish version; that voice!!! ok Scottie no dancing, don't do that again; he's gonna be a country singer, but he did really well, this could have been a train wreck. Score - 8.

Pia Toscano
– All In Love Is Fair – I don't know this song; she's gorgeous!; she's started off great...don't start with the yelling! (sigh) she's yelling; well the yelling wasn't awful and the last note was really good; I liked it. Score - 7.

Paul McDonald – Tracks Of My Tears – fantastic song; he looks good but the hair?; this guy makes me nervous; well I didn't hate it; he can't dance with the guitar - that's a good thing; does he still have a cold? I don't know, I'm just not getting him . Score – 6

Naima Adedapo – Dancing In The Street – I love this song! she looks great!; she sounds great; yes! Loving the dancing!!! She's my girl! Score – 10.

James Durbin – Living for the City – my absolute favorite Stevie Wonder song; looks good; started off weakish (for him - great for anyone else) but he worked it out; even with screeching he controls the screech; it wasn't his best, bit his not best is still really really good. Score - 9.

Who I Think *Should* Go: Haley Reinhart

Who I Think *Will* Go: Haley Reinhart

I'm really impressed with Jennifer's judging - she actually has relevant stuff to say. Steven cracks me up. And then there's Randy.

I thought all in all this was a great show. What did you think?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I've decided I'm taking James for the win.

I think Stefano had the weakest performance last night...and "Hello" is NOT a Motown song, no matter what they say. That song came out in 1983 and even if it was on the Motown label, it is *not* "Motown".

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home