International Women's Day Centennial
Happy Birthday IWD! 100! You don't look a day over 25.
I was going to Blog some disheartening news about women in the US, but I'll wait for another time - today we celebrate.
In honor of International Women's Day we have a very special Lola's Lady Shuffle...let's see what we get!
- La Vie en Rose -Edith Piaf (France) - Great start Lola! A perennial classic. It doesn't get better.
- Emabhaceni - Miriam Makeba (South Africa) Mama Africa...wasn't she awesome?
- The Lucky One - Alison Krauss (USA) & Union Station - I love her voice, so powerful yet soft.
- Heaven's What I Feel - Gloria Estefan (Cuba) My home girl - Cubanita made good. I'm so proud of her - succesful career, seemingly happy family, no scandals, no rehab, and remarkable recovery from a horrible accident. She's da' bomb.
- Travelin' Soldier - Dixie Chicks (USA) -Love them, love this song!
- Chasing Pavements - Adele (England) - I love this young singer, her voice is so emotive...
- Shut Up and Drive - Rihanna (Barbados) - How far she's come in a relatively short time, and so pretty. This is a fun song!
- Fergalicious - Fergie (USA) - Did you think the pretty girl in Black Eyed Peas would blow up like this? And how much fun is this song?
- Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman (USA) - From her early years - this song is fabulous as is Tracy - you "hear" the soul in her voice.
- Whenever, Whatever - Shakira (Colombia) - Wooo...shake it! Great song, outrageously beautiful woman and a brain behinmd the pretty face.
If you're a woman celebrate your day...if you're a man, celebrate the women in your life.