The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Return of The Lola Shuffle


Finally the weekend is here and Lola is ready to shuffle! Let's see in what kind of mood she is...

  1. Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles -Not a favorite. I mean it's the Beatles and it's nice enough but...meh.
  2. Apologize - Timbaland ft. One Republic - Ooooh I really like this song...it's got an ethereal vibe about it - not Enya-ethereal, but more trippy ethereal. Great lyrics too!
  3. I Drove All Night - Cyndi Lauper - I LOVE this song! This version though - NOT Celine Dion's! Lauper's voice is fantastic in this song...
  4. Blessed - Martina McBride - This is a sweet song - puts things in perspective by reminding us how lucky we really are. I like all her songs, they're accessible, a slice of real life. She has a great voice and is so pretty!
  5. Wherever You Will Go - The Calling - I had forgotten about this song, when I saw it come up on the shuffle I had no idea what it was. But I remember now, it's great - one of those Snow Patrol/Owl City/Maroon 5/Train type songs - they're all fabulous songs but the bands are completely interchangeable.
  6. La Gloria Eres Tu - Olga Guillot - Guillot was one of the great Cuban torch singers - all her songs were so dramatic and so passionate and so so...much. She had a hell of a voice and could rock a ballad like nobody's business, this is one of her best songs.
  7. Get Up Stand Up - Bob Marley and The Wailers - What a great song for this year - the year of the Arab Spring and the Occupy Movement! "Get up stand up, stand up for your rights. Get up stand up, don't give up the fight". As relevant to day as it was in 1973.
  8. Burbujas de Amor - Juan Luis Guerra - This song is so impossibly romantic - the lyrics are sensual and the music is all about getting close to your partner and swaying. "
  9. Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi - JOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! This song is awesome - it instantly transports me to some of the best times of my life - I was 23 when this came out - good lord, this song is 25 years old this year!
  10. Weekend in New England - Barry Manilow - Awwwwww....this is another smile-inducer. It is so sappy romantic. It's also one of the songs Manilow bashers kinda sorta maybe likeish.
Lola did a great job! A little bit of everything...

Have a wonderful weekend...find a song that makes you smile and then sing it really really loud!




Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Maria Eugenia said...

Hello Hilda. This is Maria Eugenia from New York. I wrote to you a couple of years ago because I felt we have so much in common. Anyway, I am glad to see you back to blogging regularly. I really enjoy your blog. I am glad you included La Gloria Eres tu by Ola Guillot. This, along with Mienteme, are my all-time favorites by Olga. And Juan Luis Guerra's Burbujas de Amor is a great song. I love him too!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home