The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Purse


Five years ago (how is that even possible?) I Blogged about a red purse I had bought and how out of character it was for me and how it was just sitting there...taunting me. I wondered if I would ever use it.

Five years later...I haven't.
Don't judge me people!!! Maybe when I turn 50 and I can wear it with a red hat.

In the mean time, I have a new purse. See it up there? It's a Dooney and Bourke...the one with the duck logo. The one that costs $387 at Macy's. It isn't tacky for me to say it because I didn't pay for it. I would have to die and be reborn for me to spend that amount of money on a purse. Even if I had that kind of disposable income, there are about 7, 329 things on which I would spend that amount of money before a purse.

Don't get me wrong, the purse is *fabulous*, it's prettier "in person"...soft leather, a bunch of regular pockets and zippy pockets, a thingy to hold my keys so they don't disappear into the abyss that is this enormous purse. It's huge!

The reason I have this purse is because this year is my 15th work anniversary - YAY! For each milestone anniversary (5, 10, 15, etc.) we get a choice of gifts which increase in value as we get older. This time the selection was really good...there were flat screen TVs, jewelry, and even the really cool KitchenAid Stand Mixer.

I called Hubby to verify we didn't need the TV, but we came awfully close to getting the mixer. But I really needed a new "daily" or work purse. As I wrote in the red purse post, I really abuse my work purse but this bag has great reviews and you can tell it's well made and sturdy. I'm optimistic it will survive me for a couple of years at least!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home