The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, September 29, 2006

Willie Nelson

If you check my "What I'm Listening To" link today, you'll see "The Essential Willie Nelson". I'm going to go get a cup of coffee, put the CD into my office PC's CD disc player and have Willie serenade me while I work - it's a 2 disc set, so it should last a while.

I've always liked Willie and enjoyed his music and his persona, but I had never purchased a recording of his.

A couple of weeks ago law enforcement officials in Lafayette, LA decided they could make the world safer for democracy by boarding Willie's tour bus. Surprise, surprise - they confiscated 1.5 pounds of marijuana and .2 pounds of narcotic mushrooms. Well, I guess we could all sleep safer and feel secure for our kids now.

Immediately upon having this breaking news appear onthe CNN Newsbreaks I periodically get via e-mail, I went to Amazon.com and ouchased this CD set out of solidarity with Willie.

As Bill Maher said the other night in the "New Rules" segment of his show:
"Until we win World War III and crush the evildoers in what our president calls a "struggle for civilization" - all law enforcement people have to work on THAT, and not on busting Willie Nelson."
Rock on Willie!

1 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I like "Georgia On My Mind" and "Crazy"...have a spin of those on me.

Go Willie!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home