The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I bought a David Cassidy album - I'm talking *vinyl*


...yes, vinyl! The same album I had back in the 70s!

OK, stop laughing at me - I love David Cassidy!

So, during our vacation we decided to drive around Orlando and we found an antique area with really nice little stores. One of the stores was a record shop where they sold *actual records*, both 45s and "long playing albums".

I tried to be responsible. I saw the album and saw that it was $15. Since I have a rule to not spend more than $10 on any one item when I'm *antiquing*, I sighed to myself and put the album back.

When I got back to the car - my husband doesn't partake in my antiquing adventures unless it's a major flea market or antique fair or something that will take hours - I showed my husband what I had purchased, and told him about the album. Then, because he is the most wonderful man in the world, he gave me a $20 bill and *insisted* that I go back and get it! YAY!

I remember *all* the words!

3 Comments:

Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

Hilda, weren't you too young for this one? I owned it, but I was thirteen and remember buying it at K-Mart. Along with a training bra, probably.

2:31 PM  
Blogger sari said...

All right! I'm all for anyone buying vinyl. I love records, and David is all right too.

But $15! Yowza! What a nice hubbie! :-)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Hi Toni, I hope you're feeling better.

I was 9 years old when this record came out - so I was David Cassidy's "primary demographic" - the pre-teenybopper.

In fact, my first-ever *concert* was the David Cassidy concert when I was 8 years old. My poor mother stuck cotton in her ears - shared by all the parents in our vicinity - because it was so loud. Of course, I was in heaven!

(sigh)

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home