The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, October 9, 2006

Vacation is Over

Reality has begun to creep back into my life. I go back to work Tuesday. Actually, I hadn't realized I had Monday off.

See, back when I requested the vacation days at work we were planning this vacation to be to Madison, Wisconsin so that on Saturday, October 7 we could attend the
Drum Corps International World Championship - this is one of my husband's hobbies. We were going to fly in and out of Chicago, so Sunday the 8th we had planned to drive from Madison to Chicago and then fly out today. Our plans changed several times since then, but I never changed the dates back - so the week before I left on vacation I accidentally discovered I was off today - YAY!

Anyway - we had a wonderful time in Orlando. We were horrible "Disney tourists" though. We wound up only going to 2 of the 4 parks, but we rested, relaxed, had wonderful meals, explored around the Orlando area, laughed and were just happy together - so to me it was the perfect vacation! I finished three books: Judy Blume's
"Forever" and "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret"as well as Sue Monk Kidd's "The Mermaid Chair" (see my review of this book in a separate blog entry).

Oh well...if vacations never ended we wouldn't appreciate them as much.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home