The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Monday, June 11, 2007

About my Blogging

Rocks in My Dryer , one of the Blogs I read regularly, has a cool questionnaire about the blogging experience. She got it from Don’t Try This At Home

So, let's give it a shot.

How did you start blogging?
I knew about Blogs and would occasionally read them when tey came up on searches. Then I found an od virtual friend, Dixie Peach had a Blog, and I got inspired! I looked into blogger and it looked easy enough and I went for it.

Did you intend to be a blog w/a big following? If so, how did you go about it?
Not at all...I couldn't imagine anyone would be interested. Once I got going I sent a n e-mail to some friends, but didn't expect much. Then whenever I read a blog I liked I would ask if it was OK, to add them to my list of Blogs I visit. Then they started visiting. And last month, I actually met a reader who recognized my name from my Blog - and she said she enjoyed it. She was a fan. How exciting!

What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?
I started the Blog to get back to non-technical writing (that's what I do for a living). I had been trying to journal for years and never stuck to it. I've found it much easier to stick with this.

Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?
No, because my Blog has never had a focus...it's deliberately random.

What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?

I can't think of anything.

Do you make money with your blog?

Nope...

Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?

My husband knows and reads it. My friends know and some of them read it. But my extended family doesn't know.

What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger?
Just do it and stick do it, don't let your Blog languish. Comment on other people's Blogs - the writers like it and you can get new readers. Also, use
Randomizer
to find new Blogs.

If you want to share you Blogging experience, go to Don’t Try This At Home and add your link to her page. Also, let me know in my Comments section, please.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home