The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, March 7, 2008

A Guest Shuffle - "The My A1c Was Good Edition"


YAY! I had my quarterly appointment with my endocrinologist and got my A1c checked. The first time I had it checked it was at 10.3, then the second time I had it checked after starting treatment, diet, etc. it was 7.2 which was an important improvement, but the doctor wanted me at 6.9. Well I got my latest results yesterday and I had a 6.8! WOO HOO!

I had been worried because I had been doing really well - even over the holidays - but when my mother broke her hip and with everything that followed, my eating went to hell. I thought for sure I had blown it. But I was wrong!

Lola is taking a vacation this week (OK, she's out of juice - my bad!) so we have a Guest Shuffle - my friend Amparo loaned me her iPod to do the shuffle, coincidentally her iPod is also named Amparo. So go Amparo - shuffle on!



  1. The Sound of Silence- Paul Simon

  2. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boys - En Vogue

  3. Hold Me - Fleetwood Mac

  4. Sisters - Bette Midler and Linda Ronstadt

  5. Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon) - Ricky Martin and Madonna

  6. Somebody To Love - George Michael and Queen

  7. Love So Right - Bee Gees

  8. It's All Coming Back To Me Now - Celine Dion

  9. Cocaine - Eric Clapton

  10. Cuidate - La Oreja de Van Gogh

Great shuffle Amparo! Thanks for helping...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi. Congrats on your sugar reading. Keep up the good work.

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

10:52 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I told you so!
Congrats! Proud of you girl!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Purty good shuffle!

Yay on your A1c! I got drained last week but my doctor hasn't called me to scream at me so I assume it was okay. When it really sucks she calls me at 8am when I'm still dead asleep to scream at me.

It's cause she loves me.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Congratulations! And just remember: your A1c is not the end-all be-all of your life. It will go up and down, and if it goes out of whack for a bit that just means you're human.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home