The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Must See Stuff

(If the image doesn't work here's the link.)

It's important. It's horrifying. It has to stop. Pay special attention to the comments about "jokes", it's exactly how I feel.

I came across mention of this clip while reading The South Florida Daily Blog who cited it from You Gotta Start Somewhere.

I have nothing more to add to Ellen's eloquence and heart.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I'm so shocked she even managed to hold herself together -- I wouldn't have been able to. I didn't even hear about this incident. Thanks for posting the clip.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

Good job Ellen, and thanks for the clip; I hadn't heard about this. Awful.

9:15 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i was actually in oxnard, ca a few days after this happened. what's insane is that no one in the community (at least those quoted in the media) even remotely saw this coming from the person who killed larry. ellen is totally right; we all need to be more aware of the messages kids are getting about what is ok and not.

regardless, this is heartbreaking.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

What a powerful message and what a heartfelt delivery from Ellen. I hope we can all take it to heart.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Adam Thornton said...

PS: Hilda, are you heading to the Pennsylvania STC Summit? I've put in the request, and since we're migrating to DITA I think I have a good chance.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home