The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fidel's Resignation

This article, by Pulitzer prize winning Cuban-American journalist Liz Balmaseda does a great job of describing my feelings about the latest news from Cuba. Most of her experiences are the same as mine, with the exception that she was born in Cuba and I wasn't.

In fact, I too have "Fidel Champagne" - sadly like Liz I'm not popping the cork yet.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rositta said...

When I was in Cuba and (secretly) spoke to some locals they expressed desire to be free. The East Germans managed to bring down the Berlin Wall just with the sheer number of people and the soldiers didn't shoot them. I have never fully understood why he Cubans don't seize power back. Maybe I'm just seeing this too simply or maybe the fear is too ingrained? I sometimes got the impression that they were waiting for someone else to rescue them...ciao

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home