The Mind Wobbles

So many things to absorb, think about, deal with and put up with - it simply makes the mind wobble...

Friday, February 15, 2008

The Lola Shuffle - "The This One's For You Mami" Edition

I made a playlist of songs my mother would like, it's comprised of Cuban music and American standards - which she loved. Mami listened to American music in Cuba and until the day she died she was still able to sing American classics - I got my freakish memory for lyrics, and love of American standards from her. Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole were her favorites.

So Lola...shuffle it up for Mami...
  1. Sway - Dean Martin
  2. The Alley Cat - Peggy Lee
  3. Makin' Whoopee - Ella Fitzgerald
  4. Chan Chan - Compay Segundo
  5. Que Bueno Baile Usted - Beny More
  6. In the Mood - Glenn Miller Orchestra
  7. Summer Wind - Frank Sinatra
  8. Paper Doll - The Mills Brothers
  9. Rags to Riches - Tony Bennett
  10. Babalu - Desi Arnaz

I think she'd like that shuffle - she knows all the words!

Have a great weekend, and thanks to all for your kind messages and good thoughts.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

Your mama and I love the same sort of music. I'd have loved to have sat with her and sing our favorite tunes.

5:19 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Nice tribute!

6:03 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Oh, Sway, I love Dino.

Glad to see you popping in, if just for a bit.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home